Thursday, August 9, 2012

1st grade

IMG_2856

I've been a jumble of emotions these past few weeks as I tried to prepare myself for sending Adrian off to school for 7 1/2 hours each day. Seriously, guys, this is hard. I told myself it would be fine – after all, this is part of a natural progression. First preschool a few mornings a week, then morning kindergarten and now full-day 1st grade. And he’s ready for it.

desk

But me? Oh man, I was sad yesterday as I left his classroom. And today. And probably for awhile as I adjust to the quiet house. One little boy by himself doesn’t make nearly as much noise as two little boys together, and Wyatt is really good at entertaining himself. The house has been peaceful, but definitely empty. We’ve been acutely aware of Adrian’s absence – this afternoon before we left to pick up Adrian, Wyatt asked, “Mommy, why is it so quiet?”

080812 - 3

Knowing Adrian loves school and being with his friends helps to lessen the string of his absence at home. Both days he’s been in school, he’s come home with stories of frightened little(r) ones he’s helped to find their class and new friends he’s made as a result of his attempts to make scared new classmates feel more at ease. I love my little guy’s kind heart.

I may be a sad mama, but at least I’m a proud mama.

Sincerely,

Kacey signature

1 comment:

  1. we had half day k too, so i remember how hard that first day of first grade was....the silence was CRAZY!!!:)
    glad he is happy and finding his way.:)
    have a happy day kacey

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS