Thursday, August 23, 2012

Boys Dresser Redo + Wyatt’s First Day of Pre-K

Hello everyone! It’s been a whirlwind of activity around here as we’ve acclimated to a new school year. Getting back into a strict schedule of early mornings, homework and rushing around makes for a slightly stressful adjustment period for everyone.

Amidst all the crazy, I worked on a dresser for the boys room. It was a leftover Refreshed D├ęcor piece that just happened to be the perfect size for their tiny room. 

I liked the sweet original pulls, so I decided to paint them along with the rest of the piece. I used some leftover ASCP Louis Blue and did a little distressing (I figure the boys can take care of any additional distressing!) followed by some clear and dark waxes. I had to add more dark wax than I originally intended due to some stubborn bleed-through, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
 

blue dresser

{please excuse the poor lighting} 

Here’s the before:

antique chest before

I think it turned out pretty cute and fitting for two little boys.

blue dresser2

Now, if I can just finish the rest of their room...

{Details: ASCP Louis Blue + ASCP clear/dark wax}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was Wyatt’s first day of pre-K. He has Adrian’s old teacher and several friends in the class, so he’s very excited about school this year!

IMG_2988082212 wyatt and alex 

{Wyatt with his cousin Alex and some crazy sun flares}

 

Sincerely,

Kacey-signature2

Sharing at:

 Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Kacey, the dresser is perfect! I'm also eyeing the lamp, and the bed, and the quilt! Great combination!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dresser is so cute! i am loving the colors in the room- so boyish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Julie! :) One of these days I'll get my act together and be able to share the whole room!

    Thanks, Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from MMS. Looks beautiful - I love it! Newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS